Sight-Seeing in South Korea? Here Are the Top 10 Places!
Has the thought of visiting South Korea crossed your mind lately? If so, I have great news for you. With this article, you will know the top 10 places to go sight-seeing in the beautiful country of South Korea!
Table of Contents
Places to go sight-seeing in South Korea for fun activities!
- Han River is the definitely one of the top 10 places to go sight-seeing in South Korea. It is the perfect place for sight-seeing on a beautiful day. The river is 307 miles, and each mile is full of fun activities to check out. For example, if you are a fan of fishing, the Han River has you covered. Next, it is common for people to enjoy biking on the trails along the river. Feeling hungry? Set up a picnic in a nearby playground surrounding the river. Lastly, the Han River hosts fireworks at night which are fantastic!
- Garosu-gil is certainly one of the top 10 places to go sight-seeing in South Korea. It is a long street filled with tons of exciting things to check out. For instance, if you are looking for new clothes, Garosu-gil is filled with stores. After that, check out all of the cool restaurants and cafes the street has to offer. For example, check out Lotte El Cube, a store with a cafe on the rooftop. How awesome is that? Next, are you feeling artsy? Then, check out some galleries that the street has to offer. In addition, the iconic street has some museums located on it. They have a Simone Handbag Museum and an art museum called Gallery Yeh.
- To start, South Korea is very well known for their street wear. If you are into fashion and South Korea’s streetwear, then Myeondong is the perfect spot for you! There are so many stores to choose from, and the variety is insane. First, there are skin care shops on every corner. For start, there is Innisfree, Nature Republic, Skin Food, and many more. Second, there are department stores. For instance, there is Uniqlo, H&M, Lotte Department Store, and more! Third, there are an immense amount of stores to buy souvenirs. For example, there is Daiso, Line Friends, Kakao and more! After that, move on to get some food since all that shopping is tiring. Myeongdong has alleys of delicious street food carts for your pleasure. Make sure to buy food from at least one cart, and you will not regret it!
Places to go sight-seeing in South Korea to see nature!
- Yeouido Park is the perfect place for seeing nature. To begin, if you are a fan of cherry blossoms, then this is the place for you. Beautiful cherry blossoms line the streets of this park. Next, if your feet start to hurt from all of the walking, try biking around the park! If you are tired in general, go to the parks pond and pavilion to take a rest and stare at the beauty it has to offer. As you walk through the park, make sure to look out for a huge statue of King Sejong the Great.
- To being, are you looking for a relaxing gateway? You are in luck because Jeju Island is home to many beach resorts. You will be able to relax and also get to look outside to the beautiful ocean. Meanwhile, if you are looking to go on an adventure, Jeju has some landmarks for you. On Jeju Island is a mountain called Hallasan. Hallasan is a dormant volcano. On this mountain there are hiking trails, a crater lake, and Gwaneumsa Temple.
Places to go sight-seeing to get the best pictures!
- Are you looking for the perfect spot to get your best picture? Then, the Seoul Sign is where you need to visit. First, it is located right by the water, and water makes any photo look beautiful. Second, the overall scenery is beautiful. Behind the sign, there is the water and across the water, there are the coolest buildings. Third, many people tend to film videos here. It is definitely the perfect spot to take memorable pictures!
- If you are looking to have an incredible time and still get once in a lifetime pictures, then Namsan Tower should be your number one stop! Namsan Seoul Tower is located on Namsan Mountain. The tower allows anyone to go all the way to the top and see the view from up there. Cafes and restaurants are located inside the tower as you go up each level. If you are a fan of Hello Kitty, then check out Namsan Tower’s very own Hello Kitty Island. Hello Kitty Island is full of photo areas based off of Hello Kitty’s life. Make your way through Hello Kitty Island and you will have a camera full of precious memories. If you decide not to go to Hello Kitty Island, that is fine! There are statues of other cute figurines throughout the tower. Once you are ready to make it to the top, there is an amazing waiting room which you are placed in. The waiting room has a mini replica of the tower in the middle. The room is dark with projector views of Seoul displayed on all walls, ceiling, and the floor.
Places to go sight-seeing to learn history!
- South Korea was the host of the summer olympics in 1988. If you would like to see where it was located, then visit South Korea’s very own Olympic Park. The park is huge and full of ginormous pieces of artwork. When walking throughout, you can also see the World Peace Gate, Mongchan Moat Musical Fountain, and a rose garden. It is an enchanting way to learn history about South Korea.
- Gyeongbokgung Palace is without a doubt one of the top10 places to go sight-seeing in South Korea. The palace was built in 1935, and was the main royal palace of the Joseon dynasty. If you visit the palace during specific times, you can watch the changing of the guards. There are tours available as well. Be sure to check out the beautiful garden located inside the palace walls.
- Bukchon Hanok Village consists of many alleys filled with stunning Hanok’s. A Hanok is a traditional house in South Korea. In addition, many of the Hanok’s in Bukchon are now either guesthouses, restaurants, or cultural centers. One Hanok hosts a perfume making class, which makes for an excellent souvenir.
In conclusion, these places are definitely the top 10 places to go sight-seeing in Korea. If you want to learn more about traveling in Korea, check out our other blogs on kworldnow.com or watch the video below.